Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Big Changes

Things have been very quiet on this blog for the last while.  For those of you who have stuck around, thanks for your patience!

There have been a lot of big changes in the Get Crafting! household.  Not least of which is a move to another province.  We now live in my childhood home on the family farm!  The house is smaller and laid out completely different from our previous home and, to make it even more complex, we're having to pack away most of my parents' belongings to put into storage while unpacking our own belongings.  It took a month just to get Internet hooked up!  It will be some months before we will be done, but we've at least reached the point where we have what we need to function on a daily basis.

My office/craft room is now in what used to be my bedroom.  It's the smallest room in the house, not counting the bathroom, so that will change a lot of what I can do.  Especially since there are only two electrical outlets in the room.  I've got the "office" part set up, but the "craft room" part will be a while longer.  I've unpacked my inventory, so I hope to be able to get some good photos and start putting things in my Etsy shop again.

There is lots of work to do, but I try to take time out to do something that can be started and finished quickly, like crocheting a hat.  Being able to finish something is very encouraging!

There are some pretty nice tradeoffs in moving from downtown city living to the boonies, such as having deer come by and visit!

As we get settled in, I look forward to being able to share more here again.

Until then, don't forget to Get Crafting!

No comments: