Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Old tools

I haven't been doing much crafting lately - unless you consider rebuilding garden beds and planting, crafting!  We have had so much rain this spring, everything it set back by it.

Yesterday, my mother gave me some storage bins of stuff.  Mostly fabric odds and ends, and other stuff she hasn't touched in years.  There were some treasures tucked among them, though, including a lacy thread crochet tablecloth my mother made herself.  I believe she finishes it before I was even born, which would make it more than 50 years old!

There were also old crafting tools and sewing supplies that had belonged to her laye aunt, and a few of those may well be even older!  Here are some of them.


I tried to get legible photos of both sides of the hooks.

The thread crochet hooks are some of the smallest I've ever seen!  I will be looking up the brands for some of them.  Only the Boye brand is familiar to me.  At least, when it comes to crochet hooks.

My late great-aunt was an amazingly skilled woman, and I have a few of her fine crochet lace and embroidery pieces.  Some of the embroidery is on sugar and flour sack fabric.  It's amazing what beauty she could create, with so few resources available!

As for the hook with a point at one end, I can't quite remember what that is for!  I'll have to look that up, too.  I have seen similar before, but the more I try to remember, the more it escapes me! 😂



No comments: