Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Supplies in

Yesterday, while on my way to a doctor's appointment, we were able to stop at the post office to pick up a parcel.  My bead supply order was in!  This is what I got.


It's actually two orders.  The small case on the bottom right has two bobbins of beading thread, one white, one black.

The kit I ordered (not an affiliate link) has the case of glass seed beads (upside down, as they were easier to see), two rolls of clear elastic beading thread, a bag of jump rings and a bag of findings and charms.  The title says needles included, but the description doesn't, and I haven't seen any in the kit, yet.  I have bead needles, though.  

I'm glad I ordered the separate bobbins of thread (not an affiliate link), as I'm looking to do some peyote stitch bead weaving, and elastic thread is not good for that.  This is something I've done before, a very long time ago.  I'd made small treasure bag necklaces, rings, bracelets and quite enjoyed the process.  My problem was the seed beads that were available.  They tended to not be consistent in size, resulting in misshapen weaves and designs.  The only brands of seed beads that were uniform were not available locally, and were expensive to order in.

How times have changed!  I haven't opened any individual bags, yet, but these should be uniform in size.

Along with peyote stitch weaving, I expect to use this kit for some of the Christmas ornaments I'm planning on making, though those plans may need to change.  I got a diagnosis at the doctor's yesterday.  Endometrial cancer.  I should be getting a full hysterectomy within the month, with further testing in between to determine what stage it's in.  It should be early enough that the surgery will be all I need, but I'm having to be referred to specialists in the city that have the equipment to do the required testing.  Which is unfortunate, because I really like the doctor that the ER was able to contact to see me on short notice.  That and her clinic and the hospital she works in are in a nearer, smaller city and much easier to get to.  Ah, well.  It is what it is.  Between that and medical appointments for my daughters, plus managing pain, I don't know how much time I'll have for anything, never mind crafting!  Still, I am not able to do the outside work I would normally be doing this time of year, and the lack of activity is driving me stir crazy.  I don't quite have all the materials I need, yet, but I should have enough to get started, at least.

We shall see.

For now, I'm looking forward to getting back into crafts I've enjoyed in the past.
















No comments: