The first bit of news is in regards to my Squidoo articles, where I had published a number of how-to's and printable instructions.
Squidoo has now been shifted over to Hubpages, and my articles are now there. As I understand it, the old links will still work, but will just be diverted to the new site.
I have yet to go over my articles to see how they translated in the shift, to see if I need to do any modifications. Please feel free to visit my new Hubpages profile, check out the articles, and let me know if you have seen any problems.
The other news is in regards to my classes. I am still teaching one day a week. There are old classes dropped and new classes added. Unfortunately, with what's been doing on at our home, certain people have taken things beyond that level and I have found myself and my family stalked in public. For my safety and theirs, I am not going to post my class schedule on the blog anymore, nor will I post about any vendor sales I might be involved in. Thank you for understanding.
Meanwhile, I have been working on my inventory and do have photos ready to share; just need to find the time to write posts about them!
For those who have kept up visiting my blog while I've been on hiatus, thank you. It's nice to see the hits still coming, even when I haven't been able to post often. Much appreciated!
Until I get a chance to post more, here are some photos to follow up on my last post, a Tunisian stitch tablet cover that is one of the new class projects.
The above photo is the tablet cover after the seams have been sewn, but the ends have not yet been finished.
As you can see, it looks pretty floppy and loose.
What the side seem looks like from the outside; I just whip stitched it.
A closer look at the side seam, with a bit of a view of how the inside looks.
This is how the project itself ends. Once the yarn ends are sewn in, it would be considered finished.
I modified the length of the project to fit my own tablet. As you can see, even with the tablet inside, it looks loose and floppy.
Because it is very loose and floppy.
So I added a couple of rounds of single crochet to tighten up the top edge, then slip stitched into the bottoms of those rows to add some stability.
No more rolling, no more flopping, and the single crochet and slip stitches tighten up the opening, making it a bit more snug.
The additional rows made it fit more snugly to the tablet itself as it was put in.
My daughter pointed out that the colour changes made a pattern that looks a bit like the Batman logo! *L*
I have photos somewhere, though not in my computer, of another modification I made. I crocheted a strip in Tunisian simple stitch, bordered with single crochet, and with a button hole at one end. I sewed it in the middle of what is now the back of the tablet cover. On the front, I sewed on a button (my daughter pickets a yellow button with a smiley face on it!). This way, there's no chance of the tablet accidentally sliding out.
If I were to make another one for my tablet, I would probably make it about an inch narrower than the actual size of the table. The Tunisian stitched fabric seems to have a lot more give to it than I expected.