Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Offering crochet classes

Hello again!  It's been a while since I've posted.  I've got a couple of projects in the works that I'm photographing for future posts.  Those should be ready for me to write up about by early next week, if all goes well.

Meanwhile, I am now available to teach crochet classes through Michaels in Edmonton, currently at the Clareview location.  Michaels is going through a whole bunch of changes right now, and that includes offering classes in knit, crochet, beading and scrapbooking as well as the Wilton classes they already have.

My certification will be through the Craft Yarn Council, and I will be teaching their Discover Knit and Crochet classes. There are four classes available, including Discover Single Crochet (a perfect start for someone who's an absolute beginner, or hasn't touched a hook in years), Discover the Tall Stitches, Discover Textured Stitches and Discover Granny Squares.  Each class will be 2 1/2 hours and will include a tour of the yarn department.  They cost $30 a class, and a supplies list will be provided.  Registration is through Michaels

I will be at the Clareview location doing a demo from 9 - 11am on Thursday, June 2.  I hope to see some of you there!

No comments: