A friend of mine directed me to this adorable amigurumi necromorph and asked me if I could recreate something like it for him. I had many stops and starts, and have body pieces lying all over, trying to work it out. This is my finished product - just in time to pass it on to him before he moves!
I suppose I should have added something to give a size perspective. Ah, well. The body is about 5 inches from nose to hind end.
The height is just under 9 inches, from feet to the tip of one of those thingies coming out of its back. Those, by the way, have pipe cleaners in them to make them pose-able.
Without the back thingies, it's about 3 1/2 inches tall.
I just love that face!
A detail of one of the thingie tips. I worked them starting from the pink tips rather than from the white base.
This part had me scratching my head to work out. I could think of several ways to do it. In the end, I just made a white tube of a few rows of sc, then did a pink ruffle by working 2 dc into each white sc.
When I got to the bases of the thingies, I worked a few stitches of the second one into the first, then worked the third one into both the first and second, in sc, then sewed in all the tail ends. Those are about as secure as they come. *L*
I'm going to have to do more amigurumi. I need to practise assembling pieces. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but not as happy with my own skills in making it.
I hope he likes it! :-D