Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Yarn Bowl - a lovely tool

The first weekend my daughter attended Art in the Plaza was on Canada Day.  Since it made no sense to drive there, help her set up and leave, I brought along my project bag and stayed with her for the day. This way, she can head out whenever she needs to, and I can stay and tend her display for her, too.

After one of these excursions, she came back with a surprise for me, purchased from one of the other artists - this lovely yarn bowl!


I don't know how I missed them in the display, as I've been wanting one ever since I saw one being used by a fellow yarn enthusiast.  These are a fantastic idea!  In the past, before I started reballing my yarn into centre pull balls, I would use just a plain cereal bowl to keep my yarn from rolling around on the floor.  A lovely bowl like this not only keeps the yarn clean and in one place, threading the yarn through the slot keeps it flowing smoothly and without tangles.  A grand idea!

The bowl was at a very reasonable price, and the woman who made it says she can make them in any colour someone desires.  I've been so happy with mine, and I'd highly recommend sending an email to  Deborrah Hughes-Gahr and ordering one! 


No comments: