Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Art in the Plaza starting soon

This is for the folks in the Edmonton and surrounding areas.

Art in the Plaza is starting up again.  There are a few changes from last year.  It will still be held at the Community Centre at 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park, but will be held in the East Plaza rather than the West Plaza.  This means we'll be visible from Sherwood Drive.

It'll be running on Saturdays instead of Sundays (which means the library will be open, too) from noon until 5pm.  June 15 is the first day and it will continue through to September 28.  More information is available at the Strathcona County website.

I don't know what is being done for advertising this year, as I don't live in Sherwood Park, but I did want to make sure that people know that this is an art market, not an art display.  Last year, we had people coming by expecting some sort of gallery type displays, which got rather confusing.

My daughter will be there with her paintings, I will have my own booth this year with my crochet, and I know of a couple of other artists from last year will be returning as well.  The only weekend we won't be there is during the Art Walk.  I won't be doing the Art Walk myself, but I'll be assisting my daughter again that weekend.

I hope to see some of you this summer! :-)

No comments: