Friday, June 5, 2009

Just for fun

I'm getting good progress on the ballet neck sweater - one body panel is done and I'm about half way through the other. When working on a larger project, however, I have a strong need to do something that can be finished. Quickly. So I got out some leftover yarn and made these.

IMG_2818-50%

The green ball is just that - a ball. I was just playing around with increases and decreases while using yarn left over from placemats and other stuff I'd made before. Which reminds me - I still haven't taken photos of the cotton version of my placemats. I'll have to take care of that.

Anyhow, this thing is a hit with the cats. *L*


IMG_2816-50%

Then I made this guy. What I was experimenting with was adding shape to the general ball form - in this case, the nose of my little cranium here. The girls absolutely love him.

While working on these, I got an idea in my head that I wanted to try out, which I will go into more detail in another post.

No comments: