Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Dazzling Dahlia


pin
Originally uploaded by amkb

Here's a pin I made using the pattern, Dazzling Dahlia, in the Fall 2009 issue of Crochet Magazine.

There were a few changes I made. The metallic yarn I used was Phildar Sunset, which is about the same size as the superfine recommended. What I can't understand is how they used the recommended 3.5mm hook for this! I ended up using one of my much smaller thread crochet hooks. I think I ended up using a 2.35mm hook, but I can't remember exactly. It may have been a 1.5mm - I had several false starts, trying out different hook sizes, before I settled on one.

The Sunset yarn is a pain to work with - constantly splitting, catching and slipping. Especially when I tried to use the larger hook size. the end result is worth it, though.

No comments: