I finished my sixth sachet and I think this will be my last one. I don't expect to have the time to do any more before Christmas.
Larger images are available in my flickr set here.
This sachet was a bit larger than the last one, but still small enough that I didn't want to close it up inside out, then flip it, so I assembled it the same way. I did have enough room inside to use the polyester fibre fill, as well as tuck in some cloves with a bit of vanilla scented fluff.
The edging was done the same, up to the one row of sc around three sides. In the next row I did 3ch, skip two, 1 sc into the third stitch, all the way around.
I then did shells into each 3ch loop made up of [1sc, 1hdc, 1dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc], skipping the 1sc in between the loops.
At the end of the shells, I did a length of chain for the hanger, fastened it on the other side, then went back over it again in sc, putting each sc around the chain, rather than into each stitch, then fastened off the thread.
For the final row, I seperated a single strand of the metallic embroidery thread from what I had left of the green. The last thing I wanted to do was use short lengths like I did when I used the red. It was still a pain in the butt to work with, but at least I didn't have to add in new threads!
I did 1 sc into each sc and hdc, and 3 sc into each dc, of every shell. When I reached the end, I decided I hadn't tormented myself enough by working with the metallic thread into the shells. I still had a fair amount of the metallic thread left, so I went up the hanger, too. At the very start of the hanger, I did 2 sc together to make a nice bend, did 1 sc into each sc along the hanger, then finished off the thread after slip stitching into the first sc of green at the other end.
Here's the finished sachet.
As much as it's a pain to work with the metallic thread, I do like how it looks! ;-)