I've finished the third sachet. It's past midnight, but I wanted to post these while I had the chance, since I don't expect to have much of an opportunity tomorrow.
For this one, everything was done the same as on the previous sachet, except for the decorative top. I used the same crochet cotton and hook size as before, too.
After doing two rows of button hole stitch, I did a chain for the hanger from one corner to the other, then went back again with a row of sc, catching both rows of button hole stitch together for extra thickness.
The next row was of 2 dc in between each sc of the previous row. Doing it in between instead of through the loops on top opened things up a bit for a lacier effect.
The third row was of 2 dc into each dc of the previous row again, except that I added 1 ch in between every dc stitch, so it wouldn't be as dense and to add extra ruffling.
The end result was so nicely ruffled and soft, I decided to leave it as it was, instead of adding another row in the metallic thread, like the others. That, and I didn't want to fight with that thread again! *L*