Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Finished - Moebius shawl

This week's Feature Friday is being taken over today with a couple of posts.  First up is my finished Moebius Shawl.

Actually, shawl is probably the wrong word for it.  Wrap, maybe?  My younger daughter has graciously modelled it for me in these phots.  First, worn around the shoulders.

moebius-shawl-front

moebius-shawl-back

The yarn is Bernat Baby, a 100% fingering weight yarn (superfine, 1).  It's machine washable and dryable.  It took two 50g/1.75 oz (about 247 m / 270 yards) balls to make this.   I used a 5.00 mm hook instead of the suggested 3.50 mm.  It turned out light and airy, just as I wanted it.  The foundation chain for this was 220 stitches (the pattern I chose was a 10 stitch repeat).  Because of the Moebius twist in the foundation, that made the first row of double crochet 440 stitches. 

moebius-as-neckwarmer

The wrap is light enough to work well as a scarf/neckwarmer.


moebius-as-cowl

It does pretty well as a cowl, too. :-)

I think my daughter is hoping it doesn't sell over the weekend.  She really likes it. :-D

No comments: