Finally, I'm getting around to posting this one!
I'd made this as a gift for a dear friend in the US. I used the same Patons Brilliant in plum that I used for the balletneck sweater I'd made for my mother, and a 3.50mm hook. Here it is after it was pinned out to my blocking pieces.
My blocking "board" is several sheets of foam insulation, taped together. The very tips of the shawl didn't fit, even using 4 sheets. I've also got a couple of bath sheets under the shawl to absorb moisture.
The pattern is a simple (dc, ch 1 dc) V stitch, working from the point up. It's actually a really large version of a kerchief pattern that I have. After doing the last row of V stitch across the top, I kept going by working a row of sc along both sides and across the top, then working shells of 5 dc, skip 4 stitches, 1sc along the two sides, finishing off when I reached the top.
I think it worked out rather well. :-D