Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A quick tawashi

I happened upon this excellent tutorial for a tawashi yesterday. I've never even heard of such a thing before! I was able to whip one up while watching about 3/4's of Chopped and half of Restaurant Makeover. *L* So a little more than 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. Not to bad considering it was not only the first time I've made one, but I didn't have access to the computer and was going completely by memory. Yes, the pattern is that simple! It would be even simpler done all in one colour.


Tawashi - top

The only thing I changed from the tutorial was adding this little loop at the top. I figure it can be hung up or something to dry better after use, but for all I know, it'll just get in the way. It hasn't been used yet.

Tawashi - underside

Here's what the underside looks like.

This was made using leftovers of some Bernat Handicrafter Cotton and a 4.00mm, size F hook (the tutorial recommends a 3.75mm hook, which is also a size F).

A great little project to whip up when you feel the need to FINISH SOMETHING while working on a larger project. LOL

No comments: