Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Feature Friday - WooWork

I'm going to try something new. Every Friday, I'm going to write a post featuring an artist, blog, craft, etc. that has caught my attention.

For my first Feature Friday, I would like to call your attention to the fabulously talented Howie Woo and his blog, WooWork. (He also has a flickr site well worth visiting, and is on facebook, too.)

I discovered this blog by following a link from another blog some months ago. It was to one of his Fridge Critter posts, and I've been hooked ever since! (no pun intended)

There are a lot of amigurumi creators out there, but WooWork really stands out. The items he makes are incredibly imaginative, his posts are humorous and often touching, as well. I love his writing style and quirky humour. His photos, illustrations and videos are always excellent. I even find myself looking forward to what new colour he'll have in his hair! *L* It doesn't hurt that, having lived in the Vancouver area before, with friends in and around the city, I recognise some of the places he talks about or features in his photos.

After following his blog for a while, I not only appreciate the artistic talent and craftsmanship of this artist, but I feel like Howie would be a person I'd love to spend a day hanging out with!

So, for my first Feature Friday, I heartily recommend spending some time at WooWork. It's well worth the visit!

2 comments:

Howie Woo said...

Wow, what an honour to be your first Feature Friday! Thank you so much for your overwhelmingly kind words. I'll channel your encouraging-energy into making more fun creations this year :)

Your own beautiful crochet work is so intricate and hypnotic. You remind me that there's always more to learn when it comes to yarn work.

Thanks again for your inspiration!
~ Howie

Oh, and it's dark blue this month ;)

Anna said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the post! And thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm quite flattered you like my work, too.

And I LOVE the dark blue! :-D