This next hat was an experiment for me in a couple of ways. First, it was the first time I used Patons Classic Wool. I've been avoiding wools since I had a reaction to some wool yarn I'd worked with a few years back, though I think I may have been reacting to the dye, not the wool. I had no problems at all working with this yarn, and it was really pleasant to stitch with.
My other experiment was with the pattern. I wanted to play around with cables - moving them around and crossing them, but had no idea what, so I made this up as I went along. I rather like how it turned out. I've found myself playing around with cables a lot more often of late. They're rather fun!
More photos here.