Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

An interesting and worthwhile project for knitters and crocheters

My husband found out about this group and sent me the link, thinking I'd be interested. He was right!

http://leprosybandages.blogspot.com/

Touching Others with Leprosy Bandages

It seems that knit or crochet bandages are superior to gauze type bandages for a number of reasons. They're as simple as can be. Only 3 inches wide and 4 feet long, they would be quick to make up. Specific instructions are here. The recommended material is #10 mercerized cotton (bedspread cotton) with no dyes, made up using D or E hooks, or size 2 needles. The pattern is basic single crochet or knit stitches.

Apparently, there are a few places that collect and disperse bandages like this. If I find any others, I'll include links to them as well.

No comments: