Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

For his birthday.





One of our birthday traditions is that the birthday person gets to choose any restaurant they'd like to go to for their birthday dinner.  Today is my husband's birthday, and he chose to go to The Keg.  We haven't been there in ages.  Which might be why we forgot that the place doesn't open until 4 pm.

Wanting to miss the supper crowd, we took my husband there straight from work, finding ourselves with more than an hour before the doors opened.  No problem.  There's a Michaels nearby!

What does my husband get himself for his birthday?  A gorgeous pair of 5.50mm rosewood knitting needles, and two skeins of Bernat Mosaic in Calypso.  It's been a while since he's knitted, and he wanted to pick it up again. I had been to the Michaels I teach at earlier, picking up a couple more balls of yarn that were still in the van.  They were out of stock for the hook side I wanted to buy a spare of.  We found one at this location. Sweetheart that he is, he bought me a Soft Touch crochet hook.

We still had lots of time before the restaurant opened.  So what did we do?

Start knitting and crocheting in the van, of course.


Our daughter was kind enough to take a cell phone picture of us. 

Are we addicted, or what? LOL

No comments: