Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Feature: reveling in geekdom

I am unashamedly a geek, nerd and technophile. Clearly, I am not alone! This week I will feature one of my favorite blogs. Geek Crafts; Where Geek and Crafts Collide.

Maintained by three people I'd love to sit down and share a non-denominational beverage with, this wonderful blog features crafts of all types. The only thing they have in common is that they all celebrate geekdom.

Are you a Firefly fan? You'll find amigurumi, cross stitch, models and more. Doctor Who? Pick your doctor, and you're sure to find something. Want to make a tardis or a dalek? You'll be inspired. Star Wars? Star Trek? They're there, and so many more.

Perhaps you'd like to check out a coffee molecule messenger bag, an embroidered map of Endeavor's de-orbit or Carl Sagan etched in glass? This is the place for you!

Are zombies, cthulu or monsters are more your thing? You'll be right at home.

Do you like gaming? You'll find plenty of your favorite games, new and old, represented.

I've found so many cool artists, crafters, blogs and websites through here, many of which I visit almost every day for inspiration.

Embrace your inner crafting geek and check it out! You'll be glad you did. :-D

No comments: